Jubail Power Plant

Since 2005, TAQA has held a 25% interest in the Jubail power plant with National Power Company, a joint venture established by Al-Zamil & Brothers Co. and Elseif Co., holding the remaining 75% interest in the plant. This co-generation facility delivers its entire output to the SADAF Petrochemical Plant to fuel its operations.

  • Gross installed power capacity: 250 MW
  • Operations & maintenance partners:
  • TAQA ownership: 25%

Tanajib Cogeneration & Desalination Facility

TAQA has a partnership to develop a greenfield cogeneration power and water desalination project in Saudi Arabia with 100% of the output going to the world’s largest integrated oil and gas company, Saudi Aramco. TAQA alongside Marubeni Corporation will hold a 60% stake and Saudi Aramco holding the remaining 40 % interest in the plant. TAQA will also hold a 40% stake in the O&M company.

  • Net installed power capacity: 940 MW
  • Gross water desalination capacity: 5.25 MIGD
  • Gross steam capacity: 1,048 TPG
  • TAQA ownership: 60% with Marubeni Corporation

Sign up for TAQA news